Do You Want A Simple Detox Diet To Lose Weight Fast After The Holidays?
And here it is. The best season of the year. Gift giving, Christmas carols and of course, Christmas parties left and right and it’s just very hard to control yourself from overeating and alcohol drinking. Whether you’ve been working out and eating healthy for the past few months or not, this season just ruins your diet. Not only does it make you feel guilty about eating too much but chances are, you’ll be feeling tired and bloated because of all that sweet, salty and high carb foods.
Too much salty foods increase water retention and puffiness and too much alcohol causes dehydration. While eating too many sweets and carbs will spike up your blood sugar levels which will make you crave and eat more and more. This is not good for your waistline and your health in general so you must do something fast before things get worse.
If you want to lose weight, you must cleanse yourself from all the toxins that have built up on your body over the past holiday feasts. But don’t worry, you don’t have to go on a liquid diet. In this diet to lose weight fast, you will only be eating lightly for 3 days and have foods that will help stabilize your blood sugar levels. These meals will help release excess body fluids and also recharge your energy and metabolism at a faster rate.
Related: Flexitarian Diet For Weight Loss
Here Are 4 Meals For A 3-day Detox Diet To Lose Weight Fast After The Holidays
Meal #1 – Oatmeal and Peanut butter
You will need a meal that is high in fiber. Drink half a liter of water before breakfast.
40 grams rolled oats
100 ml water
100 ml milk *you may use any type of milk that you prefer.
1. Cook 40 grams of rolled oats (150 calories) on 100mL water and 100mL milk. You may use any type of milk that you prefer.
2. Add one teaspoon of peanut butter and serve
Have this with a cup of warm green tea.
Meal #2 – Chicken, Carrots, and Onion Soup
You should eat lightly for lunch so you will be having a soup-based meal.
200g carrots chopped into cubes
1 whole onion diced
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
½ can of chickpeas washed and drained
1 tsp olive oil
A handful of fresh parsley.
1. Heat olive oil under medium high heat
2. Add the onions and carrots and lightly stir-fry until carrots are slightly brown and fragrant
3. Add the chicken vegetable stock and then bring it to a boil
4. Cook the carrots for 15-20 minutes until very tender and stir occasionally
5. Let it cool a little bit and puree using a blender
6. Bring it back to a boil under low heat
7. Add the chickpeas and parsley and let it simmer for another 5 minutes and serve
This is a complete nutritious meal where you will be getting your protein from the chickpeas, carbohydrates from the carrots and healthy fat from the olive oil. Have another cup of warm tea 20-30 minutes after having your lunch.
Meal #3 – Green Smoothie
This is a light and nutrition packed snack that will help you release all the toxins in your body
1. A handful of green leafy vegetable of your choice. You may use one or a combination of kale, spinach, broccoli or zucchini.
2. 200 ml of liquid. You may use water, soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk. Again, you may choose one or a combination of these.
3. You may use one or a combination of fruits and vegetables. You may use banana, carrot, tomato, apple, squash or berries
4. Choose from protein powder, goji berry, cinnamon and flax seed or any add-on that you like
1. Put your greens and fruit or vegetable on a blender
2. Add your liquid and add-on. Blend to your preferred consistency and serve
Meal #4 – Red Cabbage Salad
You need a high-fiber dinner with a good amount of protein. Have another cup of warm tea 20-30 minutes after having your lunch.
2 cups/ 150 grams of red cabbage
85 grams of salmon or chicken breast
2 tbsp. of olive oil
½ tbsp. mixed seeds
1. Bake the salmon or chicken separately and use salt and pepper to taste
2. Slightly stir-fry cabbage with olive oil and mixed seeds
3. Serve the baked chicken or salmon with the cabbage salad on the side
** Have these simple and easy to prepare meals for three consecutive days and make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
Watch this video for instruction: